Corporate Immigration Lawyer
Sobirovs Law Firm is looking for a dynamic lawyer, with Canadian business immigration experience, who is a terrific writer and can help us deliver a hassle-free immigration experience to our clients.
We are a growing law firm, focused on helping businesses and entrepreneurs to move to Canada as well as assisting Canadian employers to hire foreign workers.
Requirements for this position:
- Licensed to practice law in Ontario.
- At least 1-3 years of corporate and business immigration experience.
As an Associate/Lawyer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assessing eligibility of foreign nationals or employees of foreign companies for non-immigrant and immigrant visa status in Canada;
- Supporting the firm’s clients in immigration program applications and compliance;
- Overseeing the work of legal assistants who assist in file preparation;
- Drafting opinion letters, legal submissions, research issues and formulating solutions.
In short, your job is to help us in any way you can drive our firm forward and continue to improve the experience and results for our clients.
This position is for you if:
- There’s no greater feeling of accomplishment for you than knowing you’ve solved a complex issue or helped another great company/talent to move to Canada;
- You’re really good at creating and following an immigration strategy AND trying to make that strategy even better next time;
- You daydream about finding ways to get better results for your clients without bloating their to-do lists or calendars;
- You think you are a word wizard who can connect and engage with clients and pride yourself on being able to influence immigration officers and decision-makers through your exceptional writing;
- You know that the behind-the-scenes work is just as important as the client-facing stuff to make sure we’re keeping clients on track.
We expect you to have a solid understanding of business immigration law and a keen interest in technology. We expect intelligence, energy, organization, resourcefulness and a get it done attitude.
Expected start date: As soon as possible.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: starting from $75,000 per year and commensurate to the candidate’s experience and potential
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday (mostly Fridays are reserved for training and self-development).
Please refer to this link to apply for this position.