- Toronto, Canada
- Full-time, Hybrid
- Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
What We Offer:
- Dental & Vision care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off (2 vacation weeks + one wellness day per month + office closure during the last week of December)
- Lunch & Learn sessions on Fridays
- Off-site retreats
- Contribution to a charity/cause of your choice
Imagine a world where people wake up every morning inspired to grow, represent excellence, and make an impact – that is what Sobirovs Law Firm has been striving to achieve for over 10 years as one of the leading business & tech immigration law firms.
We are a growing company, focused on helping small & medium businesses, entrepreneurs and start-ups to relocate to Canada, so they can build remarkable businesses and create jobs for Canadians. We believe that immigrant entrepreneurs make a significant contribution to Canada by driving economic growth and prosperity for our society and communities.
Our brand promise is to provide exceptional, hassle-free services to our clients. To deliver on our brand promise, we need people who are also dedicated to excellence, and if this sounds like you, come and work with us!
Who We Are Looking For?
- A college diploma in business, payroll, or finance studies.
- Proven 2 years of bookkeeping and payroll experience (preferably in the legal industry).
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll and payroll tax laws is required.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills in MS Word and advanced skills in Excel is required.
- Effective communication skills.
- Technologically savvy who can easily navigate new digital tools and platforms.
- Detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy.
- PCP designation with the Canadian Payroll Association is an asset.
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team.
What Is In It For You?
- A place where you will have an opportunity to share your skills and contribute to the firm’s growth.
- A firm that empowers an independent work environment to unleash your potential.
- A competitive compensation package with an insurance benefits plan.
- A career advancement and collegial environment in which clever work is rewarded and recognized.
- A place where team collaboration is promoted and the latest technology is adored.
What Do We Need From You?
- Processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Reviewing payroll calculations for accuracy, making any corrections necessary.
- Preparing month-end payroll journal entries, monthly statutory filings and year-end statutory reconciliations.
- Maintaining knowledge of current payroll-related legislation to ensure compliance.
- Providing details and supporting documents and reconciliations for all financial and payroll-related audits.
- Ensuring all internal controls around payroll processes are maintained and updated as required.
- Maintaining records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensuring legal requirements compliance.
- Balancing accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Preparing financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Developing financial policies and procedures to ensure smooth process flow.
- Preparing various financial reports and analyses for senior management.
- Reconciling of trust and operating accounts vs. bank statements.
- Overseeing invoices and transaction receipts for the firm’s clients.
- Monitoring and recording of trust and operating account’s incoming and outgoing funds.
- Participating in meetings pertaining to budgeting and financial planning.
- Working with an external accountant for tax-related matters.
- Preparing and filing GST/HST in addition to preparing financial statements.
This Role Is For You If:
- You have superstar payroll and bookkeeping experience (min 2 years).
- Quality is something that you cannot sell for short. You consider the result of your work as your personal branding and representation.
- Efficiency and resourcefulness are your second name.
- You do not wait for instructions, you create them.
- You are a project manager by nature.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo and find ways to enhance everything around you.
Things That We Won’t Compromise In Our Work:
- Attention to detail. Do you find yourself, sometimes, in a situation where you skim through a web page and find grammar mistakes in punctuation, spelling, etc.? Does it bother you when you see inconsistencies in the documents? If this resonates with you, we believe you have an eye for detail, and we need people like you!
- Checklists and systems. They help us to stay on top of things and deliver exceptional service to our clients. If this is how you organize your work, you will enjoy working with us!
- Exceptional service delivery. Our job is all about the people we serve and the impact we have on their lives and businesses. So, we are looking for a person who can foster a professional relationship with enthusiasm and empathy…even if you are having a difficult day.
- Improvements. You are constantly looking to improve your cases by asking yourself “What’s working?”, “What’s not working?”, “How can I improve this?”, “How can I make this better?”, “Did I see the results I was hoping for?”, “What are other people doing in the industry?” etc. to achieve desired outcomes for our clients.
If this role sounds exciting to you and you think you can learn and grow with our exceptional team, send your application to us asap.
- This position is open until filled.
We cannot wait to meet you!
Sobirovs Law Firm Team