Carlos brings in his own journey and experience as an immigrant to Canada to our Firm, with a first-hand understanding of the challenges and difficulties of the legal procedures and the cultural barriers that newcomers in Canada face to successfully settle and adapt to the Canadian society, what makes him a great fit for our immigration practice.
He attended law school at the Central University of Venezuela (UCV) where he obtained his law degree. In his home country, he worked for several years in the Bureau of Legal Consultancy at the Venezuelan Parliament, where he developed a wide range of activities related to different areas of legal practice, such as International Law, Administrative Law, Legislative Procedure, Constitutional Law, the Public Function, Employment Law, Taxation, among others.
Carlos also holds a Diploma in Private International Law from the prestigious Hague Academy of International Law, The Hague, Netherlands. Carlos moved to Toronto, Ontario to pursue his legal career. He enrolled at Centennial College, where he obtained two post-graduate certificates: Paralegal and Human Resources Management. He is currently a Licensed Paralegal by the Law Society of Ontario.
Carlos possesses experience in assisting lawyers and immigration consultants in Toronto with both temporal and permanent immigration applications, with focus on corporate immigration and business applications such as Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), LMIA- Global Talent Stream, Intra Company Transferee Work Permit, and individual applications as Study Permits, Visitors Visa, Supervisas, Temporary Residence Permits (TRP) , Authorizations to Return to Canada (ARC), Criminal Rehabilitation, among others.
Carlos also volunteered with the “Under The Big Top for Autism” Annual Gala in Toronto, an evening to raise funds for Autism Speaks Canada.
In his spare time, Carlos enjoys swimming and outdoor activities and is also a confessed movie aficionado, a food-lover, and an avid traveler.
He is bilingual, English – Spanish, with basic knowledge in French and Portuguese.
- Human Resources Management Certificate, Centennial College, Toronto, Canada (2015)
- Paralegal Certificate, Centennial College, Toronto, Canada (2014)
- Summer Course in Private International Law, The Hague Academy of International Law, The Hague, The Netherlands (2013)
- Bachelor of Laws, Central University of Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela (UCV) (2007)
- My Visa Source Law MDP, Toronto, Canada
- Patey Law Group/ Accident Resolution Group, Toronto, Canada
- Rochon Genova LLP, Toronto, Canada
- Small Paralegal Services, Toronto, Canada
- Venezuelan Parliament, Caracas, Venezuela
- English, Spanish, French (basic), Portuguese (basic)
- Law Society of Ontario (Paralegal)
- Caracas Bar Association (Lawyer)