Partner, Immigration Law
Feruza is a strategist by nature. Her practice is focused on all aspects of Canadian immigration law in which she uses her extensive experience in representing clients before the Federal Court of Canada and various divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board, including the Immigration Appeal Division and the Refugee Protection Division. She has assisted clients in obtaining permanent residence in Canada through all kinds of immigration streams, including federal and provincial nominee programs, humanitarian and compassionate ground applications, pre-approval risk assessment applications as well as spousal and parental sponsorship applications.
Feruza also advises the firm’s multinational clients with relocation and cross-border issues, including intra-company transfers, NAFTA based permits, and Labour Market Impact Assessment applications.
While attending law school, Feruza volunteered at the immigration and refugee division of the Downtown Legal Services, the law school’s community legal clinic. During her summers at law school, she worked with the Law Commission of Ontario and the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network. Feruza articled at a prominent Canadian law firm Heenan Blaikie and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2011.
Feruza is fluent in Russian and Uzbek languages and is conversant in Turkish.
- Juris Doctor, University of Toronto (2010)
- Master of Laws, International and European Law, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands (2007)
- LL.B., Tashkent State University of Law, Uzbekistan (2005)
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association, Citizenship and Immigration Section
- Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers
- Canadian Turkish Chamber of Commerce (Women’s Chapter)
Uzbek, Turkish, and Russian