7 Options for Skilled Foreign Workers Recently Laid Off in Canada

7 Options for Skilled Foreign Workers Recently Laid Off in Canada

September 29, 2022

Rakhmad Sobirov, the co-founder and managing lawyer at Sobirovs, has written an article for Tech Talent Canada, which provides options for skilled foreign workers recently laid off in Canada. These workers, who are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens, may wonder what they should do to comply with Canadian immigration laws. The options were listed as follows:

  • Obtain a new employer-specific work permit.
  • Switch to study permit and work part-time during studies.
  • If married, the spouse becomes a student, and the worker gets an open work permit.
  • Establish a new business and obtain a work permit.
  • Become a partner in an existing business, and obtain a work permit.
  • Apply for a Start-up Visa Program and get a work permit and permanent residence.
  • If ready and eligible, apply for permanent residence through the Express Entry program and a Bridging Open Work Permit.

For expansion on the options above, please refer to the article, or contact Sobirovs, and we would be more than happy to discuss these options or other possible routes.

Take these 3 steps to learn more about your business immigration or techimmigration possibilities, and let’s team up to achieve your goals:

  • Step 1: Check your eligibility for business immigration programs using our Free Instant Assessment tool.
  • Step 2: Check our fees using our Fee Calculator. Don’t worry if the fees estimated by the Fee Calculator seem too high. We can give you a discount if your case is strong.
  • Step 3: Book a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with our senior business immigration lawyer to discuss your immigration case in more detail. If we take you as our next client after this meeting, the fee you paid for the meeting will be applied towards our legal retainer.