A prominent senior executive from Mongolia inquired whether we could assist him with immigrating to Canada through the property management franchise he recently purchased (Onboarding Meeting was on June 22, 2022). The client’s investment budget was around CAD $250,000. The facts of this case were as follows:
- The client is a well-experienced senior executive in the global mining and energy industries with nearly 20 years of experience working in various multinational companies;
- The client wanted to utilize the management experience that he developed during his career in his new business venture in Canada;
- The client wanted to complete the entire immigration process and settle in Canada by December 2022; and
- One of the client’s personal goals was to bring his family, his spouse, and their children to Canada with him.
Our business immigration lawyers carefully considered the facts of the case and our client’s business goals and proposed the C-11 Entrepreneur Work Permit as the most suitable immigration pathway.
Timeline of the Case
- Our lawyers incorporated our client’s new Canadian company on July 5, 2022.
- The client made the prudent decision to partner with a property management franchisor as a market entry strategy and concluded the franchise purchase transaction on July 25, 2022.
- We applied for the C-11 WP on September 1, 2022.
- We received the approval just 2 weeks after submission on September 15, 2022.
The client received the work permit, the spouse secured an open work permit, and their children received study visas.
Lessons Learned from the Case
Our client was a seasoned executive in the mining and energy sectors with nearly 20 years of experience. He was a well-known businessman in his field with an impressive educational background. However, he did not have any experience in the property management industry.
Nevertheless, this did not stop us from presenting the skills he has accumulated throughout his career to show that he can undertake his business vision in Canada. We thoroughly demonstrated the short and long-term goals that he would undertake with his Canadian venture and all the significant benefits he could bring to Canada. Aside from offering property management services through his franchise, his long-term vision was to purchase and renovate old multi-unit residential buildings to rent out. Upon hearing his long-term goals, we recommended he designate at least %10 of the units for affordable housing as we know the Government of Ontario has been incentivizing the industry operators to develop affordable units for individuals in need. Then, we underlined the benefit this would bring to the province and therefore emphasized that the application would meet the requirements of the C-11 application.
After all, one of the most important lessons for us was to see that if the applicant has an extensive professional background and a detailed business vision and action plan, the application might still get approved even if the applicant does not buy an expensive franchise or existing business.
Why You Should Choose Sobirovs as Advisors for Your Tech & Business Immigration to Canada
Our business immigration lawyers have extensive experience helping foreign clients immigrate through purchasing a franchise. We propose the most suitable options based on our knowledge of franchise options in Canada and on our comprehensive research. We take into account our clients’ experience, education, and skills to maximize the success of their immigration goals. We help our clients at every step of their immigration journeys and always take pride in bringing new families and businesses to Canada.
Take these 3 steps to learn more about your business immigration possibilities, and let’s team up to achieve your goals:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility for business immigration programs using our Free Instant Assessment tool.
- Step 2: Check our fees using our Fee Calculator. Don’t worry if the fees estimated by the Fee Calculator seem too high. We can give you a discount if your case is strong.
- Step 3: Book a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with our senior business immigration lawyer to discuss your immigration case in more detail. If we take you as our next client after this meeting, the fee you paid for the meeting will be applied towards our legal retainer.