Immigrating a Business from Chile to Canada
There are times in the life of a business immigration lawyer when your client’s application is denied unreasonably. You’ve worked hard to make a strong application for your client, but the relevant embassy is rejecting the application. That’s when a real lawyering and zealous pursuit of the client’s case come in. What should you do? Should you just say “Sorry, your application was denied?”
Our answer was a firm “No! We don’t agree with the decision of the visa officer.”
We’ll argue your case as much as necessary and use every legal pathway to obtain a desirable result. This is what exactly happened with our client from Chile for whom we’ve managed to obtain a work permit in a very difficult period of COVID-19.
Read what happened and how we succeeded below.
Our Business Immigration Success Story
- The client is a 44 years old business owner from Chile.
- He owns a transportation and tourism company. The company was established in 2012 and he wanted to expand his operations to Canada.
- We incorporated a company in Canada for the client, prepared a strong work permit application and applied for a Work Permit under the Intra-Company Transfer program.
- On March 06, 2020, just before the COVID-19 pandemic hit the world, including Canada, his application was rejected because the visa officer believed he was not qualified for the LMIA exemption.
Our Reaction and Final Result:
- We’ve reacted immediately and on March 11, 2020, we submitted a reconsideration request, arguing that the decision is not reasonable.
- With case law and evidence in line with our submission, his application was approved on March 13, 2020.
- Due to the COVID-19 lockdown in Chile, the client was able to travel to Canada in October 2020 and obtained a 1-year work permit at the port of entry.
- We’re now working on bringing his spouse and children to join him for their very first Christmas in Canada. We’ll do our best to make their snow-white Christmas dream a reality!
- Update on this story: We’ve succeeded in bringing our client’s spouse and children before Christmas!
The Main Lessons for the Sobirovs team:
- Carefully analyze the client’s case and identify the strengths and weaknesses. Don’t just focus on the eligibility of the client, go beyond that and focus on the probability of success in the client’s application.
- Be prepared for any outcome and mobilize all the efforts fast to rectify the situation and reverse the negative outcome.
- If you believe that the client is being unreasonably denied, don’t give up easily. Argue the client’s case using all your knowledge of law, dedication, and expertise because your client’s future in Canada depends on your efforts.
- Ultimately, by bringing experienced and motivated business people and companies to Canada, we will contribute to the recovery of Canada’s economy and we can build back better!
You should not expect anything less than that from your business immigration lawyer.
Get Started With Our Team Today
At Sobirovs Law Firm, while we cannot guarantee a positive result in each application, we CAN guarantee transparency, zealous pursuit of your immigration case, and not giving up at the first obstacle!
We’ll be happy to represent you and your company on the Canadian journey and put our expertise in Canadian immigration law to use to achieve desirable results! Contact us by completing this short assessment form and we’ll get back to you with our honest feedback! All information will be treated as confidential and used only to assess your potential for business immigration.
To your success in Canada,
Sobirovs Law Firm Team