Come Work with Sobirovs Law Firm
If you are interested to join our team, we always welcome unsolicited applications from experienced business immigration lawyers.
You can send your application to [email protected].
Opening for an Immigration Specialist
Sobirovs Law Firm is looking for a dynamic Immigration Specialist, with Canadian immigration experience, who is a terrific writer and can help us deliver a hassle-free immigration experience for our clients.
We are a growing law firm, focused on helping businesses and entrepreneurs to move to Canada as well as assisting Canadian employers to hire foreign workers.
This Job Is For You If:
- You love getting results for your clients
- You enjoy writing and problem-solving
- You are not afraid to dream big
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Supporting immigration lawyers in their daily work;
- Drafting submission letters, working off of precedents when appropriate or writing documents from scratch;
- Conducting research to ensure processes are current and appropriate documents are being used;
- Compiling all documents required for submission and processing in a timely manner;
- Checking for updates on processing requirements and timelines at the appropriate government organizations;
- Updating and maintaining internal Client Management Software systems and databases on a daily basis to ensure that all communication records are available and organized; and
- Notifying clients of upcoming extensions, and changes in processes or procedures.
1. You have experience in immigration law. The majority of your time will be spent completing application forms, reviewing clients’ documents and drafting legal letters. You need to be able to think critically and strategically about the clients’ situations as well as being an engaging writer and communicator.
2. You’re the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff. You love lists and checking things off diligently? That’s great, we love people like you!
3. You love nailing down the details. You don’t need to race through work and get things done just to check them off your list. We need you to have an eye for the details and be able to get your work done right.
4. You’re good with people. Part of this role will be emailing and communicating with clients and the team. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and giving/getting direction and be able to do it with love and empathy…even if you’re having a bad day.
5. You love taking the lead on your own projects. You love having full ownership over the execution, and results of your own files. You’re constantly seeking to improve your projects asking yourself things like “What’s working?”, “What’s not working?”, “How can I improve this?”, “How can I make this better?”, “Did I see the results I was hoping for?”, “What are other people doing in the industry?” etc. to achieve desired outcomes for our clients.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Application Deadline: 2021-01-20
Expected Start Date: 2021-02-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
Schedule: 8-hour shift
Experience: Immigration: 2 years (Preferred)
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19