Sobirovs Law Firm is looking for a dynamic Immigration Law Clerk with Canadian immigration experience who is a great writer and can help us deliver a hassle-free immigration experience to our clients.
We are a growing boutique corporate and business immigration law firm focused on helping businesses and entrepreneurs to move to Canada as well as assisting Canadian employers to hire foreign workers.
This Job Is For You If
- Quality is your number one priority, and you do not mind spending more time on your deliverables to notice any errors, correct them and produce professional work of excellent quality.
- You always look for new ways to implement a quality control strategy that helps you save time.
- You are a driven self-starter, and love taking initiative; You can work with little or no supervision and appreciate the freedom to handle projects independently.
- You are not intimidated when asked to manage and track multiple projects at once since you know how to create and execute successfully project plans.
- You would like to become an expert in corporate immigration and business immigration.
- You are not afraid to challenge yourself to constantly improve your skills.
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Supporting immigration lawyers in their daily work. Specifically, participating in client call and client consultations, preparing consultation notes and following up with potential clients after the consultation.
- Processing clients’ applications, including, collecting documents, organizing documents, completing immigration forms, and drafting supporting documents.
- Conducting research to ensure processes are current and appropriate documents are being used.
- Checking for updates on processing requirements and timelines at the appropriate government organizations.
- Updating and maintaining internal Client Management Software systems and databases daily to ensure that all communication records are available and organized; and
- Notifying clients of upcoming extensions, and changes in processes or procedures.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in Canadian immigration law. Most of your time will be spent attending client calls and consultations together with senior lawyers, completing application forms, reviewing clients’ documents, and drafting letters/emails. You need to be able to think critically and strategically about the clients’ situations as well as be an engaging writer and communicator.
- You are the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will clear out a list of tasks. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff. Do you love lists and checking things off diligently? That’s great, we love people like you!
- You love nailing down the details. You do not need to race through work and get things done just to check them off your list. We need you to have an eye for the details and be able to get your work done right.
- You are good with people. Part of this role will be emailing and communicating with clients and the team. So, you need to enjoy talking to people and giving/getting directions and be able to do it with love and empathy…even if you are having a difficult day.
- You love taking the lead on your own projects. You love having full ownership over the execution, and results of your own files. You are constantly seeking to improve your projects asking yourself things like “What’s working?”, “What’s not working?”, “How can I improve this?”, “How can I make this better?”, “Did I see the results I was hoping for?”, “What are other people doing in the industry?” etc. to achieve desired outcomes for our clients.
We cannot wait to meet you!
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with your experience
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday (mostly Fridays are reserved for training and self-development).
You can send your application to [email protected].