Business Immigration from Bangladesh to Canada
A Sobirovs Law Firm Success Story
We are glad that 2021 has started as a positive new beginning for many clients of Sobirovs. One of such clients is a Bangladeshi business owner who sees great opportunities in doing business in Canada. He is determined to bring the best of Bangladesh to Canada and developing his businesses in these countries.
Last week we’ve received great news on his Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit Application.
Here are some facts about this inspiring success story:
- In 2020, a lawyer colleague in Canada referred to our law firm her 44-years-old relative who was doing successful manufacturing and import-export business in Bangladesh. We’ve done a preliminary assessment of his case and thought that there was a good chance for his business immigration to Canada. In our assessment, we’ve looked at the candidate’s background, travel history, business history and revenues, the overall objective in doing business in Canada and his ultimate goal of coming to Canada with his family.
- Unfortunately, in mid-2020 the COVID-19 pandemic hit Bangladesh very hard and it affected all processes both in Bangladesh and Canada. This, in turn, made us a bit anxious.
- However, we managed to prepare and compile all the necessary documents and submit a strong application in August 2020. We’ve requested a 2-year work permit for him and his spouse, and a visitor visa for his child.
- In November 2020, the client and his family members undergone their medical examination as requested by the High Commission of Canada.
- On January 11, 2021, we’ve received a passport request from the High Commission stating that the application was approved covering the whole family.
- We are now waiting for the applicable visas to be affixed to the passports and then will start working with the client about his pre-arrival preparation.
- Update on February 19, 2021: The client, his spouse and child have obtained their visas and are ready to travel to Canada soon (see below).
What lessons we have learned from this Intra-Company Transfer work permit application?
- Anxiety about external factors that we don’t control (e.g. COVID-19, lockdowns and office closures) does not help in furthering the client’s best interests;
- Canadian immigration authorities are doing their best to move an immigration application forward using the means they have and guided by the restrictions imposed during COVID-19;
- Although some temporary immigration programs are paused due to COVID-19, business immigration applications are being processed at a regular speed;
- As trusted legal advisors of our clients, Sobirovs’ lawyers have to encourage business immigration clients not to delay their immigration applications at least for the following reasons:
- Canada is now focusing on overcoming the COVID-19 challenge as it ramps up vaccinations similar to other countries around the world;
- The role of business owners, entrepreneurs and investors will be paramount in rebuilding the Canadian economy better after COVID-19;
- Knowing how Canadian immigration authorities process immigration files, business immigration applications will be processed systematically and faster than other types of applications.
What Sobirovs team can do for your successful business immigration to Canada?
- We can assess and offer our holistic view of your business immigration options during a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with a senior immigration lawyer.
- If we believe that you have a good chance in one or more business immigration programs, we can bring you, your family and your business to Canada as we did the same for many clients before;
- Our professional and experienced legal team can take care of all governmental documents, processes and steps involved in building a solid strategy, strong application package and any dealings with the Canadian embassies or consulates.