From Ho Chi Minh City to Canada with Confidence
Our client is a very prominent businesswoman, with more than 12 years of entrepreneurship experience in the trade and construction industry, contacted us to advise her on whether she can set up an office in Canada and trade her construction materials in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario. The Client’s company made a strategic decision to create a start-up subsidiary in Canada and open an office in the GTA region considering the growing demand for high-quality construction materials. The company had set aside around CAD $300,000 to invest into the Canadian business over the course of 3 years.
Our Client’s situation was as follows:
- The Client is a high-level executive with a decade-long experience in the General Manager position of the construction materials and installation sector.
- The parent company employs around 41 people and generates revenue of nearly $3.5M a year.
- The parent company proposed to provide the Canadian subsidiary with CAD $100,000 initial investment capital to begin operations in Year 1. The Canadian subsidiary is scheduled to receive additional funding of $200,000 in Years 2 & 3.
- The Canadian subsidiary tasked the Client with overseeing its launch and facilitating early business development in the new market.
- The Client wanted to come to Canada with her spouse and two children for the duration of her employment contract.
Given the foreign company’s goal to launch new operations in Canada, we proposed to initiate an Intra-Company Transferee process.
The Timeline of the Case
On July 12, 2021, the Client’s application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Within 2 weeks the IRCC requested the Client to undergo a medical examination, however, our Client was unable to follow through with the Medical Examination until October 2021. Once the examination was completed, the IRCC approved our Client’s Work Permit in the same month of October 2021, which took just over a week after completing the Medical Examination.
As for our Client’s family, her spouse received an open work permit and their two children received study permits allowing them to benefit from the Canadian public education for free. Please see below.
Our Client is planning on arriving in Canada shortly with her entire family. We are happy to help a growing business strengthen its roots in and expand to Canada. More than that, we are glad that we were able to fully accommodate all of the Client’s needs in one application.
Success Factors in this Case
In general, any business immigration application must be well-prepared and supported by relevant, well-organized documentary evidence that highlights strong facts and aspects of the case, including finances, the experience of the applicant and viability of the business vision.
The success factors in this case were:
- the strong and financially sound parent company which has been in business for over 10 years.
- availability of liquid funds to inject into Canadian subsidiary company.
- a well-researched, realistic and viable business plan that clearly outlined the market penetration strategy and 5-year operational plan.
- clear hiring and employee training plan that demonstrates beneficial impact on the Canadian labour market.
- significant industry experience of the applicant and strong managerial skills that are necessary for her new role at the Canadian subsidiary.
- the applicant’s strong ties to home country, ownership of real estate assets and significant net worth.
Why You Should Choose Sobirovs for Your Business Immigration to Canada
At Sobirovs we can recognize the strengths of your application and make the best use of them in applying for your immigration application. We possess a wealth of business immigration experience and employ leading professionals in the industry. Although various factors may play in favour of your application or against it – our experts can tailor your business immigration plan to maximize the possibility of success. Every business situation is different and requires the utmost attention to detail and selection of appropriate immigration path(s). With Sobirovs, you can be certain that you have our expertise and experience in business immigration to support your immigration success.
Take these 3 steps if you are interested in business immigration to Canada and would like to receive an expert assessment of your situation:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility for business immigration programs using our Free Instant Assessment tool.
- Step 2: Check our fees using our Fee Calculator. Don’t worry if the fees estimated by the Fee Calculator seem too high. We can give you a discount if your case is strong.
- Step 3: Book a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with our senior business immigration lawyer to discuss your case in more detail. If we take you as our next client after this meeting, the fee you paid for the meeting will be applied towards our legal retainer.