Our client, an established trading company in Libya, decided to grow its international reach by expanding its operations to Canada. The company contacted us to inquire about possible business immigration options for their Senior Executive overseeing their new Canadian operations. The client had a budget between CAD $200,000 and CAD $300,000.
The facts of the case were:
- The parent company is based in Libya and specializes in the trading of food, commodities, and livestock;
- The Senior Executive is a co-owner of the parent company;
- The Canadian company will be 100% owned by the parent company and will focus on expanding its commodity trading business to the Canadian market; and
- The Senior Executive will oversee the development of Canadian operations due to his extensive experience in the industry and vast business development knowledge.
After carefully considering the facts of the case and the business’s goals, our lawyers proposed to pursue the C12 Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit through General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS).
Timeline of the Case
Our business immigration lawyers incorporated the Canadian company and submitted the immigration application on 28 February 2022.
The application was approved on 14 June 2022.
We welcome this new business to Canada and cannot wait to see the company grow even further.
Key Takeaways from this Case
Canada’s international agreements play a significant role in business, tech, and corporate immigration. Free Trade Agreements allow for simplified and expedited immigration processing. If you are a citizen of a country with an FTA with Canada, your immigration application process will likely be seamless and hassle-free.
In this case, the Senior Executive was a citizen of a World Trade Organization member country. Canada is a signatory to the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) under WTO. Certain occupations under GATS are exempt from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) requirement. As a result, our client’s business immigration application benefited from the GATS under WTO.
Why You Should Choose Sobirovs as Advisors for Your Tech & Business Immigration to Canada
At Sobirovs, we are experts in business, tech, and corporate immigration. Our legal team is always learning and expanding its expertise, allowing us to use the most advanced immigration programs that suit our clients’ needs perfectly. We cater to clients worldwide and develop personalized immigration plans to help them achieve their business objectives. Our vast experience allows us to navigate almost any business, tech, or corporate immigration scenario from start to finish.
Take these three steps to learn more about your business immigration options, and let’s team up to achieve your goals:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility for business immigration programs using our Free Instant Assessment tool.
- Step 2: Check our fees using our Fee Calculator. Don’t worry if the costs estimated by the Fee Calculator seem too high. We can give you a discount if your case is strong.
- Step 3: Book a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with our senior business immigration lawyer to discuss your immigration case in more detail. After this meeting, we will apply the fee you paid towards our legal retainer if we take you as our next client.