From Ecuador to Canada
A successful businessman from Ecuador, with a budget of CAD $500,000 contacted us to advise him on expanding his company to Canada and possible business immigration options.
The facts of his case were:
- the Client founded a cleaning product manufacturing, distribution, and sales company in 1991. Since 1991 he has been employed as a General Manager of the company.
- over the past 30 years, the company expanded into the household, commercial, and industrial cleaning products and personal care items from biodegradable materials.
- to date, the company has over 20 locations nationwide and employs 25 employees. In 2020 the company generated over CAD $2.3 million in annual sales.
- due to the success of his company in Ecuador and growing opportunities for environmentally-friendly products in Canada, our Client decided to expand his business to the Great North.
- our Client would be the sole owner of the Ecuadorian and Canadian companies. He would also act as the President of the Canadian company and rely on his extensive business development experience to set up operations of its Canadian affiliate.
- the Client wanted his spouse and their child to accompany him in Canada during his employment with the Canadian affiliate.
Taking into consideration our Client’s situation and main objectives, our business immigration lawyers advised pursuing an Intra-Company Transferee process.
The Timeline of the Case
In April 2021 we assisted the Client to incorporate his Canadian affiliate company in British Columbia.
The 2-year ICT application was submitted on July 14, 2021, and was approved on November 3, 2021. On December 2, 2021, the Client received his work permit, and his wife received an open work permit. The two of them are now in Canada and are ready to embark on an exciting Canadian journey.
The study permit for their son was refused as he was not a minor. Instead, the son has to receive an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada and apply for the study permit. Currently, we are working on submitting a visitor visa application for him.
Key Takeaways from this Case
During your business immigration journey, it is important to be aware that there may be changes to which you have to adapt and pivot to achieve the desired result. It is not often that this happens in our experience, however, you must always be ready to adapt and change your plans, both personal and business-related. In this particular case, the son’s study permit was rejected but we have pivoted and taken a different strategy to keep the family united.
Just like in business, many things can arise and derail your plans. The best thing you can do is anticipate upcoming barriers, and have additional strategies and tools that would allow you to achieve your desired goal.
How Sobirovs Team Can Help You Achieve Your Immigration Goals
The Canadian immigration framework provides for many business immigration strategies. Relying on our extensive experience we are able to provide you with multiple strategies that are tailored specifically for you. Moreover, we always have alternative solutions to supplement the primary immigration strategy in case the need arises. We not only help you develop your business immigration strategy, but we also make sure your strategy succeeds and you achieve your immigration goals.
Contact us today by following the actionable steps below:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility for business immigration programs using our Free Instant Assessment tool.
- Step 2: Check our fees using our Fee Calculator. Don’t worry if the fees estimated by the Fee Calculator seem too high. We can give you a discount if your case is strong.
- Step 3: Book a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with our senior business immigration lawyer to discuss your immigration case.