Our client, a well-established entrepreneur from Vietnam, contacted us to advise her on business immigration pathways concerning buying an existing business in Canada. The client had a budget between CAD $250,000 and CAD $350,000.
The facts of this case were:
- The client has a successful internet café business in Vietnam with a well-established clientele, which has been operating for over 15 years;
- The client has extensive knowledge in the customer service field and has proven to be a resourceful, innovative, and experienced manager;
- The client has a bachelor’s degree from one of the top-ranking universities in Vietnam.
- The client and her business partner researched the Canadian beauty market and intended to purchase an existing business;
- The partners narrowed down their research to an attractive beauty salon opportunity in Ontario;
- The client wanted to come to Canada with her spouse and two children.
Our business immigration lawyers analyzed the client’s business situation and the proposed purchase of the business. After careful consideration, the lawyers advised that the C11 Entrepreneur Work Permit was the best immigration pathway to pursue.
Timeline of the Case
The Canadian corporation was registered on 26 August 2020, and the search for suitable business opportunities began.
On 9 April 2021, the partners purchased an existing beauty salon in Ontario. Shortly after, the business immigration application was submitted on 1 June 2021. The application experienced significant delays due to Covid-related IRCC issues and was approved on 3 August 2022.
Our client obtained a work permit, her spouse secured an open work permit, and their children received study permits. We are delighted to welcome a new family to Canada and cannot wait to see the new business succeed!
Lessons Learned from the Case
During the course of managing a business, entrepreneurs usually acquire numerous skills and specialized knowledge. A successful entrepreneur will even learn from their mistakes and search for areas of improvement. After all, operating a business is about learning, testing, and applying your skills and knowledge to real-life business situations. An entrepreneur can often apply skills and knowledge acquired from operating their business to managing a completely unrelated business in a different industry. These transferrable skills are incredibly valuable to any businessperson intending to start a business in another country.
In this case, our client is a perfect example of an excellent entrepreneur applying her transferrable skills! Although she is operating an internet café business in Vietnam, she was able to draw on her business knowledge to seek an exciting beauty salon business in Canada. Her experience as a business owner allowed her to see an opening in Ontario’s beauty salon industry and seize that opportunity.
Why You Should Choose Sobirovs as Advisors for Your Tech & Business Immigration to Canada
Purchasing a business in a foreign country can lead to many uncertainties and more questions than answers. When you add immigration factors to that mix, the situation can overwhelm some. At Sobirovs, we allow you, the entrepreneur, to focus on your business while we make immigration a seamless and hassle-free process. We create tailor-made immigration plans for every client and ensure you achieve your business and personal goals. Our extensive experience allows us to manage various business immigration cases and scenarios successfully.
Take these 3 steps to learn more about your business immigration possibilities, and let’s team up to achieve your goals today:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility for business immigration programs using our Free Instant Assessment tool.
- Step 2: Check our fees using our Fee Calculator. Don’t worry if the fees estimated by the Fee Calculator seem too high. We can give you a discount if your case is strong.
- Step 3: Book a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with our senior business immigration lawyer to discuss your immigration case in more detail. If we take you as our next client after this meeting, the fee you paid for the meeting will be applied towards our legal retainer.