Business Immigration from Uzbekistan to Canada
Many successful business owners from developing countries see great opportunities for expanding their businesses to Canada. One such business owner who is our client was interested in business immigration from Uzbekistan to Canada and decided to take his business to the next level.
Our team is happy to be a part of this client’s success in his first step towards Canada.
A project manager and the editor in chief of a media outlet in Uzbekistan has approached us with his plans to expand his business to North America through Canada. We have thoroughly discussed every aspect of his expansion plan and provided a detailed explanation of possible pathways and challenges.
After extensive research and analysis, we’ve suggested the Intra-Company Transfer pathway for the client. We have worked with the client in preparing all necessary documentation and incorporating a new Canadian entity. The preparation took roughly 2 months.
- April 06, 2021: we submitted the client’s ICT Work Permit application with all supporting documents;
- April 21, 2021: Police certificates were requested from Uzbekistan and Russia
- Around May 15, 2021: we submitted the police certificates
- June 08, 2021: Passport request came from the Canadian authorities
- End of June 2021: the client has received his work visa on his passport (see below)
We have successfully obtained the intended visa within 3 months after the application.
- We had language barriers at first because the client’s level of English is not very high. The matter was solved after he assigned an assistant who was fluent in English. We always suggest our clients make sure that our communication in English is fully understood and the client needs to take care of this matter on his/her side.
- The Uzbekistani company of the client had a lot of financial documents. Therefore, all documents had to be couriered to us from Uzbekistan to Canada. It took our team some time to sort them out, scan them, and organize them accordingly for submission.
- He plans to run a digital media company in Canada. So, he or his future team in Canada has to master the English language in a very short period of time.
The Lesson For Us:
We have proved to ourselves one more time that clear communication with the client’s side is very key. Although English could be a challenge to many clients who are older business people, we have to find a creative solution for each case. Secondly, due to the complexity of a business immigration file, some clients may want to stop the application after considerable time is spent and preparation is done. At that moment, it is very important for the lawyers to encourage the client by making things easier for the client. It could be a stressful process, but a good lawyer must always be ready to give a little nudge to the client.
Do you want to start your Canadian business immigration journey with us? Then, book a strategy meeting with our lawyers and tell us about your plans with respect to Canada. We will be very honest and genuine in assessing your real chances of coming to Canada as a business person. Book your meeting by clicking here.