Our client, an established Iranian internet and intranet provider, decided to expand its operations to Canada. They contacted us to inquire about business immigration options for their high-level Executive, who will also oversee the business expansion in Canada. The client had a budget between $200,000 and $300,000. The facts of the case were as follows:
- The parent company based in Iran was established in the late 1990s;
- The company is a dedicated provider of high-speed internet services and computer network services for private companies and government bodies, as well as internet and intranet supporting services;
- The parent company employs over 25 employees and generates over $1 million in gross revenue yearly;
- The Canadian subsidiary will be 100% owned by the Iranian company and will focus on expanding its IT development services to the Canadian market;
- The Executive will oversee the development of Canadian operations due to his extensive experience in the industry and vast business development knowledge; and
- An additional goal of this case was to bring the Executive’s spouse with him for the duration of his employment in Canada.
After careful consideration of the facts of the case and the immediate goals of the business and the Executive, our lawyers proposed top to pursue the Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit.
The Timeline of the Case
The Canadian subsidiary was incorporated on 27 October 2021 by our business immigration lawyers. Shortly after, on 18 December 2021, we submitted the business immigration application under the Intra-Company Transfer program.
Due to Covid-related delays and the backlog of applications, the IRCC approved our client’s application on 4 May 2022.
The Executive received a work permit while his spouse received an open work permit. We are delighted to welcome the new and exciting business to Canada, and we wish the new family safe travels to their new home!
Key Takeaways from this Case
The tech industry in Canada is expanding. Many cities in Canada are attracting companies from all over the world. Toronto has become a booming tech town in recent years, with companies like Stripe and Klarna opening new offices. Of course, you can’t forget about Microsoft’s new hub and Twitter’s engineering hub in Toronto!
There is a reason why Canada is attracting tech companies. It mainly boils down to two points: qualified domestic talent and the ease with which you can bring international talent to Canada. Numerous prestigious institutions produce high-quality tech graduates every year. This advantage of Canada allows tech companies to hire domestically and nurture their talent. Also, Canadian immigration regulations allow companies to hire international workers to come and work in Canada quickly. You can essentially bring top-quality foreign talent to your Canadian offices in under two weeks in some cases!
For foreign tech companies looking to expand to Canada, this is the right time to act! The Canadian tech industry is ever-expanding, and there is a great demand to fill for various products or services. Many provincial and federal programs support new businesses and provide various incentives for tech companies. You might need some business adjustment, but luckily our Senior Immigration Lawyer, Feruza Djamalova, has given some great tips for foreign entrepreneurs looking to expand to Canada in her Forbes article.
Why You Should Choose Sobirovs as Advisors for Your Tech & Business Immigration to Canada
At Sobirovs, we have helped numerous foreign tech companies expand to Canada. We know tech companies, and we understand how to help you succeed! Our vast experience allows us to navigate almost any business immigration scenario from start to finish. Our personalized approach is the cornerstone of our client care. We develop tailored immigration solutions that help you achieve your business objectives on time, whether business immigration or tech immigration.
Take these three steps to learn more about your business immigration options, and let’s team up to achieve your goals:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility for business immigration programs using our Free Instant Assessment tool.
- Step 2: Check our fees using our Fee Calculator. Don’t worry if the costs estimated by the Fee Calculator seem too high. We can give you a discount if your case is strong.
- Step 3: Book a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with our senior business immigration lawyer to discuss your immigration case in more detail. After this meeting, we will apply the fee you paid towards our legal retainer if we take you as our next client.