Our client, an entrepreneur from Vietnam, asked us to advise her on possible business immigration options related to purchasing a Canadian business. The client had a budget between CAD $250,000 and CAD $350,000.
The facts of the case were as follows:
- The client has a vast experience in business management and business development in the beauty industry;
- The client found a suitable business to purchase in Ontario that would allow her to capitalize on her industry expertise and business experience;
- Before the application process, the client took several steps to fulfill the outlined business plan and show her commitment to developing her Canadian business;
- The client, her spouse, and their child are all citizens of Vietnam; and
- The client wanted to bring her family with her to Canada for the duration of her stay in the country.
Our business immigration lawyers conducted considerable research and assessment of the business that was proposed for purchase. The lawyers then decided it was best to pursue the C11 Entrepreneur Work Permit pathway for business immigration.
Timeline of the Case
Our business immigration lawyers incorporated our client’s business on 28 September 2021. Shortly after, they advised on purchasing the proposed beauty business in Ontario on 1 November 2021.
The business immigration application was submitted on 24 February 2022 due to Covid-related operational delays. The application was approved on 9 June 2022.
The client received a work permit, her spouse obtained an open work permit, and their child received a study permit. We are excited to welcome the new business owner to Canada and especially thrilled to welcome a growing family to our beautiful country!
Lessons Learned from the Case
The success of your business plays a significant role in business immigration and your long-term plans in Canada. Whether expanding your domestic business to Canada or buying an existing Canadian business, you should always aim to succeed! Purchasing an existing Canadian business offers numerous benefits:
- Existing businesses usually already come with equipment, systems, and, most importantly, commercial property;
- You will benefit from a developed customer base and are likely to spend fewer funds on initial marketing needs;
- You will generally keep the staff that worked at the business before making the transition easier for you; and
- You will be in the position to generate income from the day when you finalize the purchase agreement.
However, there will still be many factors that you will need to satisfy on a personal level:
- You should possess relevant transferrable skills to be able to operate the business;
- You should have relevant experience that would allow you to build the business even further; and
- You should be able to follow and successfully execute the milestones that you set for yourself and your venture in the business plan.
Why You Should Choose Sobirovs as Advisors for Your Tech & Business Immigration to Canada
It can be a daunting and unfamiliar experience if you are planning to buy a business in Canada or expand your own. At Sobirovs, we aim to allow our clients to relax and take care of their business while we focus on your business immigration. We have an extensive experience with various business immigration cases and scenarios.
Year after year, we take pride in helping foreign entrepreneurs reach their personal and business goals by coming to Canada. We focus on providing tailor-made solutions to every client. Our personalized immigration plans are made specifically to help your business succeed and increase the chances of approval of your application.
Take these 3 steps to learn more about your business immigration possibilities, and let’s team up to achieve your goals today:
- Step 1: Check your eligibility for business immigration programs using our Free Instant Assessment tool.
- Step 2:Check our fees using our Fee Calculator. Don’t worry if the fees estimated by the Fee Calculator seem too high. We can give you a discount if your case is strong.
- Step 3:Book a 1-hour Strategy Meeting with our senior business immigration lawyer to discuss your immigration case in more detail. If we take you as our next client after this meeting, the fee you paid for the meeting will be applied towards our legal retainer.